We’re a few days into 2022 – how are your New Year’s resolutions holding up so far? No matter how motivated we are on January 1st, it can be hard to keep those goals. The key is to set your sights on attainable achievements, get excited about them, and have someone in your corner keeping you on track – that goes for restaurants, too.
If you’re a restaurant owner looking to make 2022 your best year yet, there are a few resolutions you can make – and keep – to get you there.
- Boost customer engagement. While you have to define the metrics you’re targeting, simple tactics can help your restaurant see a noticeable uptick in customer engagement.
- Post regularly to various social media channels to promote events, specials, closures, and menu changes. The more consistently you post, you’ll be top of mind for your customers.
- Respond to reviews, mentions, and comments: Reviews are a resolution of their own on this list. But if you take time to respond to each review and as many social mentions, questions, and comments as you can, you’ll get a reputation as an engaged business within your community, and the customers will reciprocate.
2. Respond to each review. You might recognize this one from a blog post last year, and it’s making a return appearance – that’s how important review responses really are! Make it a goal to set aside 15 minutes at least once a week to respond to reviews on each platform (Yelp, Facebook, Google, etc.). Replying to both positive and negative reviews shows your customers that you care about their feedback and take action to continuously improve.
3. Stay current.
- Make it a priority to do some quick monthly research to stay on top of keywords, trends, and competitor marketing. Knowing what’s trending will help you tailor your messaging to attract and retain repeat customers. Creating video content on platforms like TikTok builds loyalty and helps you make personal connections with your guests.
- Don’t let one crumb of outdated information slip by – any changes you make to your menu, hours, specials, events, location, or contact information should immediately be updated on every platform where your customers find you. Incorrect information can mean the difference between a hungry patron coming to you or your competition.
4. Use a partner.
- Even the best of us can let a resolution slip here and there. As you get busier and 2022 starts to fly by, leaning on an automation partner can make the difference in sticking to those goals. With Marqii, you can relax knowing your critical business information updates will be done in real-time – leave manual tasks in 2021.
To learn how Marqii can help you simplify your review management, set up a meeting with us today.